Monday, November 5, 2007

Great Weekend


We were super busy this weekend. I really enjoy that because I kind of feel like I got some things done. If every day could only be so productive!

The boys and I started off at Grandma Skinners house and she taught me how to make grape jelly. I was totally thrilled about it! Times have changed for me I guess! Getting excited about making jelly never used to be on the top of my priorities! LOL! Well, Grandma gave me the itch for making more jelly and I was hungry for apple. Since I didn't plan on visiting an orchard anytime soon, I found a recipe for fruit juice jelly. I made this batch with unsweetened apple juice. YUM! That is what I did this morning.



Also, since we are going to have our first hard freeze this week, my mom was bringing in all of her house plants. I took advantage of this, bought some potting soil and loaded up all of my empty pots and got about six or seven starts off of her plants. Now lets just see of I can keep them all. Should I have the boys ask God to give mommy the green thumb for our helpless little plants during their nightly prayers? *smirk* Anyways, my dad bought the boys some work gloves and they worked very hard running around and losing them! We managed to talk Aiden into putting his in his back pocket. He keep hollering at us, turning his back to us so we could see his gloves in his pocket. They were bigger than his pocket!

THE END!!!

3 comments:

Betty "CC" Gray said...

I'll be praying for your green thumb. Because Lord knows I don't have one. He should at least give what I didn't get to you! lolololol

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house plants! Maybe they won't "unpot" yours like Aaron did mine, twice!!!!!

Michele said...

Aaron has not unpot any of my plants yet, but for a couple of plants he has plucked off some leaves and shoved them in a vase because "they would look pretty."
*sigh*