Monday, March 3, 2008

You bought what?!?!

This weekend we went out and purchased some baby chicks! I was actually pretty excited about the whole thing. They are adorable! Rick keeps reminding me that they are not pets they are going to eventually be food. So I have kept myself from naming any of them. Anyways, we now have 16 of these cuties who seem to really eat some seed. Gives me a new meaning for eating like a bird! LOL!



Years ago when I lived in Mississippi, the girls at work were telling me about the baby chicks that come out every Easter dyed. I was totally surprised and couldn't believe me ears. RED, GREEN, BLUE chicks?!?!?! So for a gift to me they all went in and bought me a green chick. He was adorable! I instantly called him Booger! LOL! That chick didn't know he was a chicken. He followed me every where! I will never forget it. I had the perfect helper in the flower garden. Anyways, Booger got too big and I had a friend take him to his farm. I never asked how he was doing cause I didn't want to know. I did have fun while I had him. He was loosing all of his "green" down and was beginning to get his feathers. The ladies at work were surprised I kept him as long as I did. Just goes to show that I can be a good mama! LOL!!!

1 comment:

Angela Toucan said...

lovely little chicks, we're not allowed to keep them - something to do with the local bylaws for our town - probably because they've changed a rural area into an urban one.