Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Rick has had to go work out of town alot lately. We have been blessed enough that he has been home for the next two weeks. The boys and I really miss him when he is gone. One thing I have noticed (and so has Rick) is that the boys (and myself) start "living our own lives" when we don't have daddy mixed in with the routine. DH was a little concerned that he would have a hard time getting back into the groove of things. I know it sounds a little strange that this does happen even if he is home on the weekends. BUT it does happen. We just get into doing our own things and dealt with the fact that we were short one family member. I think we do it to help us get over missing him so much. The first time Rick left for a week Aaron was depressed about it. He cried off and on the whole week and said he missed daddy. Now his leaving has been a little more of a part of our lives. I couldn't imagine being a soldiers wife. I do pray for them a little more now that I kinda know what a family has to go through during an over seas transition. Pray for their safe return and pray that they can get back in line of where they left off.
For some reason this time he didn't have any problem fitting back in. The boys crawled all over him like he never left. The pictures were of them watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

daddy time is so precious

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so nice. I've enjoyed it very much.