Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some like it hot!


One of my favorite things about winter is the good ole electric blanket! Ahhhhhh! I am a warm weather kinda gal and pretty much hibernate in the winter. I was so excited when I found my latest electric blanket at a garage sale for $2.00. It is king size with dual controls! Woo Hoo!
Well, tonight my hubby decided to call it an early night and went up to bed. For some reason when everyone goes to bed before me I have a really hard time getting to sleep later that evening. I watched tv until my eyes were droopy and I grabbed a magazine, went upstairs and set up a towel to cover up some of the glare on Rick from my light on my side of bed and climbed in bed with my magazine. By the time I had finally gotten myself situated I was beginning to get chilly so I was really looking forward to laying in bed and read my magazine and all wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug under my electric blanket. I lay there for several minutes waiting to get the chill out of my body and I was not warm AT ALL. I stuck my feet on Ricks side and his side was all toasty. He even had the nerve to have his fan on high so I once again felt like I was in a wind tunnel. I climbed out of bed and turned the dial on my control as high as it would go and waited for a few minutes. As I lay there I am beginning to get really irritated and I knew it was just my luck that my side of the blanket would die out and my great bargain find was a waste. While I am laying there trying to talk myself into getting out of bed and getting the ole flannels on in the middle of the wind tunnel. I look over at Rick and he is laying there like he has just collapsed in the middle of the Sahara. Then it hit me...
Earlier that day, I changed the sheets on the bed and apparently there is a right side and a wrong side of the blanket when there are dual controls. With a smile and some giggling, I got out of bed and shut off my control and turned his up. I told Rick, don't worry that it would start cooling down for him soon. I am controlling the laughter so I won't wake him up anymore than I already have. Rick, not realizing what all is going on says, "I have turned off the blanket and it just seems to get hotter."
BuwahahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!! Tears are rolling down my face by then. By now Rick is very irritated and shouts that he had gone to bed early for a reason and being woke up a few hours later didn't help him at all. HAHAHAHAHAHA is all I could say as I ran to the bathroom to try and gain control of myself. A few minutes later I was all better and thought I could go to bed. As soon as I lay down he says sorry for yelling at me and that maybe tomorrow he can see the humor in this. HAHAHAHAHA! I buried my face into my pillow to try and keep quiet. I calmed down again.
Now, I am fully awake so I thought I would come downstairs to tell ya about it. Please sing me a lullabye or something! *giggle giggle*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's a comment for you sweety. One snip of my wire pliers will fix that blanket problem for good.

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhh, Poor Rick!! That was a good story though and funny. :)

Betty "CC" Gray said...

LMBO!!!! You are so bad! And Rick, you'd better leave those wire pliers alone!

Anonymous said...

From one cold body to another, get those wires hooked up correctly before the blanket becomes history! Sounds sort of like you are pulling some of your father-in-laws tricks.......guess who?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.