Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Long time no talk! :)


We had to take an unexpected trip to Mississippi last week and we are back home now. Actually we have been home for a few days, its just taking us a little while to get back on track. I couldn't believe how much laundry and family of four could produce in just a few days! Geez!!
The drive down south was good. It was neat to see some of the things that I didn't realize I missed and how important it was to me that my children to know a little about it. At least as much as they would stop and listen to what we were saying. The cotton! Wow! Everywhere. The further south we drove the more we saw. One town that we ended up driving through was a real wake up for all of us. Rick was driving down the interstate and we saw a crop duster flying by. As we were driving we kept getting closer and closer to him. Rick and I were pointing him out to the kids and following his path. We watched him swish down into the fields and put out the dust. It was quite cool. I don't think I ever tire of watching them, even when I lived down there. As we got real close to the plane, it came around for another drive by. Our timing was perfect. We watched him go over our heads and turn around above the field to our left and swoosh!!!! He dove down to the field and we were look straight on at him we could actually see the pilot. Rick and I were getting real dramatic for the kids and we kept asking Aaron, "Oh no! Oh no! Is he going to hit us!?!" Honestly, I don't think the kids were ever that quiet during to whole trip! Hehehe. They just stared at him as he kept getting closer and then the roar of the engine came as he flew upward into the sky!!! It was awesome! Like I said, our timing was perfect and where was my camera? Dang it! I always get caught up in the moment! I never would be a good photojournalist. The boys did great. Aaron asked alot of questions and said that he wanted to ride. Sorry baby, ain't gonna happen!
Anyways, we pulled up to the next exit to get gas. We went behind the station to watch the plane a little more and a further away of course. There was also a harvested cotton field behind the store so the boys had an opportunity to pick some left over cotton!
I added a picture of the plane from a distance while we were out in the field. The whole time I was taking pictures, I kept asking, why, why why!!!!???? Didn't I get my camera out while we were on the road!! Grrrrrr! Rick wouldn't even back track on the highway so I can try to get the same picture! Oh well. *sniff sniff*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MY FARMER BOYS.....UNKNOWN