Saturday, December 18, 2010

Twist and Turns

The last few months we have been thrown alot of curve balls. But through all I couldn't believe the GRACE that God has given us through it. Things do happen for a reason I am sure but sometimes it is hard to see the reasons.
One thing that got us was septic problems...I know, ewwwwwwwww!!!!! The worst part about it is that the lowest part of my house plumbing wise is the kitchen sink. THATS where it came in at. With the kitchen being the heart of a family mine was sick. Really sick! Of course it started when my inlaws came to visit.
Through asking questions and some figuring we realized that the septic had NEVER been emptied by the previous owners and they were here for about 30 years. We have been here for four. *sigh*
I called a septic pumping company and told them we had a idea where the septic was but we were not positive. Would they find it? How much would they charge to dig it up? How much to empty it? Ya know all the questions I am sure.
When the guy came out to find/pump out the septic the first thing he mentioned the septic never being pumped and we are not real sure how old the septic is so, it is probably shot.
My stomach dropped. Not a good thing when you really can't use the toilets. I stayed outside with him while he poked around a determined the place and shape of the septic. He dug and dug and dug. As I watched him I was sure the wasn't making the money he was worth. He needs a raise! After several attempts and holes later he found the lid. Yay! He informed me with the amount of digging he had to do that the price to dig it up was higher. Fine, fine. I still don't think he is paid enough.
He pumped out the septic. I am sure I was sitting in the fetal position just waiting to hear the fate of our septic. Would this be thousands of dollars or a few hundred? I prayed the whole time. I prayed for the grace. Gods grace to get us through this.
I wanted the old farm house. I had to take the good and bad with it. But sometimes I feel that my husband has to take care of alot of the bad. He really is a wonderful man. I must say that I have handled things well when needed. Like the time I saw a snake come out of the paneling at the ceiling of my kitchen. I handled it...yep, like a scared little school girl. I can handle just about any reptile or rodent but when things are above my head I get a little anxious.
Anyways, back to the fate of the septic. IT WAS ALRIGHT! Talk about answered prayers! He pumped it out. Lines were still clogged. That was not in his job description.
My handyman came home and fixed it with the garden hose from the business end of the septic...Have I told you I just love that man? Also got some pictures for ya. ;)


Aaron was in charge of turning the water hose on and off <----- Future handyman in training.



You know I took this with the zoom lens.


Ricks homemade hoist to lift the slab of concrete they used for a lid.



I love him <3

1 comment:

Angela Toucan said...

glad it wasn't too expensive and that it's now fixed. I remember installing a modern plastic one in my second on-site engineering job.