Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Swim Lessons








For two weeks the boys are both in swim lesson classes. They have progressed well and I have enjoyed watching them grow in their learning of different strokes. Aiden is in the beginners class (but without mommy) and Aaron is in Level One. Today Aiden jumped in and swam in the deep water with his life jacket. He was pretty doubtful at first but after he realized he wouldn't go under he kicked, kicked and kicked. But ya know Aiden. He hollered all the way across the pool. "Help me, I can't do it! Help me somebody please!" He was not at all serious and Ms. Megan told him he was going to be a drama major. Even though he talked (and when he talks, his voice carries) all the way through swim lessons and played his dramtic roll while kicking away....he did a great job. Between that and his Ben 10 impersonations I think he made everyone laugh. It is like that the whole week and a half. If he is not yelling "I am losing my underpants!!!" then he is hollering "Swim Swim, Swim Swim!!!" Rick and I call it swim swim time now instead of swim lesson because of Aiden. Actually, we have picked up alot of Aidenisms we like to call them. Because of Aiden we always tell each other (even the grandparents) "ummmm...I like and love you" He is such an original.
Aaron is learning alot of the formal arm strokes in swimming and is putting his face in the water while he is swimming. He is doing a beautiful job. He is still also a handful at times. I really admire Megan and her patients with the kiddos. When Aaron can touch the bottom of the pool he bounces the whole time Megan is teaching and looks a little like a bobber in a wind storm. Sometimes I don't think he is listening at all but he proves me wrong when he does like he is told. His biggest accomplishment today was jumping off of the diving board. This is his first time and he wasn't ready to do it without a life jacket. Maybe he will before the end of the week because I have seen him swim without his jacket but he had more control because he could touch the bottom if he wanted too. Not the case on an intimidating diving board.
I brought my camera today so here are some pictures for ya....

1 comment:

Angela Toucan said...

way to go boys!
we just ought our kids some of those jackets, just need to find a chlorine free pool (Chlorine makes me ill)