Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Busy weekend

This last weekend was packed full. One of the fun things we did was go fishing for crawdads with some great friends. The kids had a blast and I think the guys had fun to. The guys went first and would fish a spot and then the kiddos would get in the water when the guys were done. It worked out great because the guys would know how deep the water was to make us moms happy and while the kids played in the water the guys walked over to the next watering hole. It was beautiful there. I am sure the water was cold. I didn't get in the water because I wanted to take some pictures. I snapped a whole memory card full. Here are some of the takes.














Also planned was a night with Gram and Grandpa at the carnival. They take the boys every year it comes to town. I tagged along this year because of some bad storms in the area and we would be able to go straight home if needed. So...I took pictures! Yay me! Things went great and the weather behaved itself.Aiden went up the slide with two friends and they planned to go down it all together. Well, I guess thiings didn't go as planned when he got up there. Another little boy went down with them. So, Aiden chose to turn around and be done with the whole ride. Felt pretty bad for him but he was fine by the next ride.


Gram was the official rider of the scrambler. I tried to stay back in the sidelines since was Gram and Grandpas night with them.
Due to my anxiety, I rode this ride with Aaron the first time he rode it. He still seems so small. Too small to ride this. But Grandpa bought my tickets and let me step in to settle my fears. All went well and I was able to breath a little better when he rode it by himself. I am shocked at how little they can be to ride some rides. Sometimes I wouldn't mind having shorter kids.
Earlier this summer I found out that Aaron is tall enough to pay full adult price at our local amusement park. Does that mean he is big enough to ride the roller coasters? Not if mama is there...sorry boy.

Aiden likes the smaller rides and so do I.

2 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

I can identify with the height and rides thing.I get really nervous when mine do some of the rides with Daddy.
Looks like a fun weekend and the weather looks lovely.

PATTY said...

BOY,does that bring back memories!
GREAT Pictures Michele!
What a wonderful way to spend a day. Love you guys!