Thursday, August 5, 2010

When Good Intentions Go Bad

Today we (the boys and myself) went with Gram and Grandma Skinner to the store. When we turned into the parking lot something caught my eye.

Hmmm...the boys would probably like to see this. They probably have never seen or touched one before is what I was thinking to myself. We went into the store and as we were going in I told the boys I wanted them to see something when we left and to please remind me.

I am really interested in the boys getting a chance to look at places, textures and anything that catches their attention. I know, I have boys...one of my rules is it has to be appropriate.

It all started with lil A one day. We were driving down the road and he has always felt the need to tell me about every stop sign. Yes I do stop at them. I don't know what the attraction is for him but he does like them. But this day he piped up and said, "I just wish I could touch a stop sign."
It melted my heart. Wow, this is one thing I could do. I was hesitate because I had on a brand spankin new pair of shoes on and...it rained lately. Oh well. We did it. We stop the car (I do that at every stop sign) get out and tip toe to the sign. I raise him up as high as I could and BOP he smacked the sign. All was perfect in our world.
Since then I have tried to stop and let them explore our lives.
In the past we have jumped out of the car and touched a dancing wind guy in front of a business (the owner walked out of the business and kinda glared at us and we waved bye and jumped back in the car with the boys screeching with laughter. Okay I was laughing too), Big A got to touch a sinclair dinosaur in front of a gas station. Lil A was asleep.
Then there was today. I spotted cattails. Cooool! They would love this!

Hahahahaha, I had no idea. I am silly like that.

They really liked them. Aiden wanted to know if he could eat it. I tell him no but that it was suppose to stay like they are now and then they would seed and get fluffy....in a few days....little did I know.
I cut two off and let the boys take them home. We stuck them in the ground by my goldfish pond. The boys thought they looked great there.
Don't they look great....err ummmm...doesn't IT look great?

Guess what...Ruby happened. *sigh*



Don't let her sweet face fool you!

This evening Rick stepped outside and the boys followed. I decided to stay in and "surf" some blogs. Shortly, Rick walks in and says, "you see the kids on the trampoline."
He caught my attention.
I have seen the boys on the trampoline alot of times. So I ask him is it bad? He shrugs his shoulders and sits on the couch. I get up and look out the backyard. What the... I look at Rick and he says Ruby found the cattails. I couldn't resist. I grabbed my camera and here we go.
Oh wait, I think I have seeds stuck in my hair still.
Hmmm...How did that get on the trampoline? Rick!?!!??!





Honey, you starty, you cleany. Good night!

1 comment:

rick said...

one thousand and one uses for an air compressor, now one thousand and two. hehe