Sunday, August 22, 2010


The first school week has went well. Aaron woke up early every day and is excited to go. I was worried about him because all summer he told me he didn't want to go anymore.
I think the hardest thing as a parent is making your child leave the security of the home and the place he loves and shutting the door behind him.
He had a rough time going to summer school (someplace he didn't HAVE to go and was suppose to be fun). BUT I was working in the kitchen the whole time and no one would be home for him. The only comfort I could give him while he sat on my lap and wiping the hot tears off of his face was that I would see him at lunch time which is half way through his day. It made me sick to make him go. I wanted to tell him that we could ALL stay home and I would home school and we could be here forever.
As the days went on...his days got alot easier and he started to have fun.
Thank goodness we didn't have a repeat when the new school year started. Phew!!!
As for my Aiden dear...he is clearly not a morning person.

No comments: