Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year...Old Tricks (For mom anyways)


I tried, tried and tried once again to succeed in getting Aiden interested in potty training. He always says he has to go and when we get there and sit for the few seconds he has patience for, the only thing he was full of was talk cause nothing has ever happened except the first time we tried it. We did the happy dance and everything! Now he just tells me he needs to go and we climb the stairs and get set up just to find out...nothing. I have done all the tricks. I have been through this once already with Aaron and now we are on round two with Aiden. Every child is different I know but I really don't care to be siked out by a two year old every time he wants to play the potty game. I am really considering telling him the story of "Never Cry Wolf" cause mommy and daddy are really starting to not take him seriously.
I have talked myself into waiting until spring gets here to go back into it full force cause the weather will be warmer therefore the house will be warmer and he can run around in his Cars undies and t-shirt during the whole potty training time. Now we practically have layers of clothing to take off. Sounds good right? Wrong!
Now that some time has passed and I have the whole idea out of my head Aiden has started a new game. Takes off his pjs and diaper and pees on the floor! Nooooo!!! Do you know that I have wall to wall carpet through my entire, ENTIRE house?!?! So far tonight he has come down the stairs butt naked five times. Diaper is clean. Once the floor was showered and then the sheets on his bed were changed. I asked him if he is trying to tell me something. No response but a laugh. *sigh* *groan* This last time I told him (while I was safety pinning his pjs zipper closed) that tomorrow we will start potty training again. This has made Aaron totally happy and he has insisted that he was going to potty train Aiden tomorrow too. I just looked at Aaron and thought, does Aaron not remember what HE did to my wall just last week?

1 comment:

Betty "CC" Gray said...

Ummm...I hate to tell you this, but peeing on the floor is waaaaaaay more fun than doing it in the potty. Have you tried letting him pee in the snow? In the dirt? On a tree? Lots of kicks on that one with my boys. They can't WAIT to get to the park just so they can pee on the tree! lolololol