Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nana and Papa Visited Us Last Week

Richard and Anne came for a visit and stayed for a week. We were tremendously blessed by them. We have alot of projects here that needed to be done and they were more than happy to help. I knew if I got Anne outside she would be completely happy. The pictures posted are ones that she took and I wanted to share them with everyone to show some of the tasks and completed work done while they were here. I hope we didn't wear them out. They will need a vacation from their vacation!
Just so you know, anyone that comes to visit, I will not put you to work. BUT...I have learned over the years that Anne does not sit real well and prefers to be busy. My sister-in-law and I have both figured this out and have started planning things we would like to get completed while they are at our homes! LOL! Funny but true! Right Nana? She lives for organization! I am NOW more than pleased to let her do so. Thanks again for everything Richard and Anne!

The most concern we had is that we have bought this calf and have had her in a pen locked up for a couple of days and we needed to get the fence fixed so she could roam around the field all she wanted. That was the first thing Rick and Richard worked on and completed. WaaaHoooo!! She only got out twice. LOL! Run to the house and run out with a bottle in hand and lead her back to the pen. Fix fence. Let her back out in the field. She gets out again. Run back to the house (kinda in a panic...she was in the neighbors garden) get the bottle and lead her back to the pen. Fix fence. So far so good! Gosh I have a big yard. I need to run more and get in shape.

Like Ricks hat? :) I do! I won't wear one but I do like his...on him. :)


I have started measuring the boys every year right before summer school starts. Actually this is Aidens first year so his first time getting his height done. Richard and Anne hung up the charts. Aarons came down over the last year and Aidens was hung up brand new!



I had a project going when they showed up last weekend. My cousin gave me her goldfish pond, planter and fountain TWO YEARS AGO. I had finally figured out what I wanted to do with it. So I started digging. Ya know what a pain that is? It took me a long time just to even get the shape for the pond done! We started working on it again and finished shaping the pool and the planting section.
On Friday I went out to run some errands and my neighbor surprised all of us by showing up with a backhoe and dug out the rest of my pond!!! The hole was bigger than it needed to be but putting dirt back in was alot easier than taking it out! What a perfect surprise! We worked most of the day on it Saturday and here are the pics of some of our progress. Hostas are all planted. Anne, after you left we filled the little pond and added the fountain! So nice. I still have work to do but not near as overwhelming! I have good neighbors...and family.

1 comment:

Angela Toucan said...

lovely pond and cute calf. So glad they were able to fix that fence