Thursday, September 6, 2007

The big bad steps

Last week a neighbor and I took our kids to the park and we really had a good time! Our kids are really getting used to each other and are playing well together. I was nice to sit down and have an adult conversation while the kids entertained themselves. Aaron was a dinosaur and chasing everyone around and then it switch to another imaginary game. I think that it was the first time I went to the park and wasn't ready to leave when the time came.
Aiden made big accomplishments while we were there. There are two different slide setups and one is for the smaller kids and the other for bigger ones. Aaron seems to breeze through everything now. Even with flip flops! His little brother usually doesn't pay much attention, until today. There are some steps that lead up to a large slide. The steps are spaced out where you could fall though between each step(why did they build it like that). Aiden decided to climb this today. Which really suprised me. He usually like being sturdy on the ground but he was determined. He had some sort of comment to make up every step but he kept truckin on. As he got closer to the top of the steps his legs got shakier and shakier. You could tell he was nervous but he didn't give up!!! The last three steps he would yell. "Hand! Hand!" So I would hold his had for a minute until he grabbed onto the railings so he could continue on.
The last step as a doozy! He would shake the most there and also had to step up. But he did it! Then he would turn around and do some sort of king of the hill holler and dance. It was great. The next step was to go down the slide. He sat up on the top while I was trying to get him to slide down and catch him so he wouldn't fly off onto the ground. The other kids (mainly his older brother) didn't understand his problem and would "help" him down. This led to screaming, biting, hitting and what ever else Aiden could do to protect himself. Eventually, HE DID IT! Not a problem, I didn't even need to be at the bottom sweating like I was. He jumped off with a hoop and holler and went back over to the steps to start over again! BTW....The youngest girl that was with us also defeated the steps!!! What a day of accomplishments!!! Woo Hoo!!!!















Okay, I am a total goof and accidently deleted the pics of the park and Aidens first time on the steps!!!!! Grrrrrr!!! When I am done kicking myself and take the kids back to the park, I will get some more pics then. Until then, here are some pics of the boys at our house. The one with Aarons face like that is because he was watching a neighbor boy play with a frog and he wouldn't let Aaron have it. I think Aaron is planning his attack.

No comments: