Friday, September 14, 2007

my home...my zoo


Today was literally a zoo at my house. I was sitting on the steps trying to talk to my neighbor Amy on the phone. I mean I set the kids up with Blues Clues and everything! Eventually, they still worked their way onto the steps and became very klingy. I kept telling them to go into the living room. Aaron said, "but I am an alligator, mom!"

"So" I said.

"Well I want to sleep and I have to sleep here" as he lays on the floor at the bottom of the steps.

"No Aaron, alligators can sleep in the living room too." I said rolling my eyes. I never thought I would say anything like that in my life! He continues to "sleep" at my feet and Aiden takes the more direct approach and just climbs on my back and saying "Eat mama, eat"



Needless, to say, my grownup conversation with Amy was cut off short.

Later Aaron turned into a dog. At least he is still wanting to eat at the table instead of on the floor. Shhhh....don't remind him that dogs do that.

BTW...Aiden and I have been spending countless hours of lost sleep during the past few nights. I took him with myself in tears to the doctor again. His breathing was very labored and he would have terrible coughing fits. This all happened during the night. I was giving him breathing treatments every three hours. The doctor wanted to admit him to the hospital. She told me that he had asthma and that everytime he gets a cold he will have to deal with this.

She gave Aiden a breathing treatment and checked his oxygen and sats level. Everything was looking good. She didn't know why the hospital gave him the antibiotic that he was on so she decided to put him on steroids and a different anitbiotic and gave us the option of trying this at home instead of putting him in the hospital. I jumped at the chance.



Yesterday, Rick took Aaron out to grams for a while to let Aiden and I sleep and last night Aiden and I slept downstairs. The night went alot better, he woke up only twice with the coughing. One time I gave him a breathing treatment and the other time I was able to calm him down and get him back to sleep. His spirits are up today and I think we are on the road to recovery. The medicine seems to be helping even though he hates taking it. If it flairs up again we will be going to the hospital. I don't think that will be the problem.

Shhhh...I think I hear a cougar...BYE!!!!

No comments: