Monday, September 17, 2007

Dangers of a stay at home mom


I just want to share with all of my friends and family about the heroic morning that I had!!! I was outside trying to complete at least one task today by hanging out some laundry. I had probably three items up when I hear my dogs barking and a neighbor yelling. Arrgggghhhh! Why can't they stay in the yard!?!?! We live on 4 acres and they still have to run off and cause trouble. So, I left my task and proceeded to yell for the dogs and planning to beat them with my flip flop when I get to them.
After I lugged each dog to their pin and put them in, I continued with my job. Everything was going pretty well until...I saw a clothes pin that had a web all around it. With a sick stomach I took a closer look and there was a huge, I mean a HUGE spider laying inside the clothes pin. He filled what little space there was. I hit the line and he ran out. OMG!!! He is bigger than I thought. I was getting mad. All I wanted to do was hang up some stinkin clothes and he wouldn't budge. With my cat like reflexes I kept hitting the clothes line and he hung on. Dang it, dang it dang it. Then an idea came to mind. I took a hold of the clothes line and pulled it back. This took alot on encouragement on my part because when I pulled on the line, that would mean the spider would become closer and closer to me. I knew he could smell my fear.
Like David with a sling shot and a rock I pulled on the line like I was aiming for Goliath. Zing!!! I let go of the line. WooHoo! Victory! He was gone and I continued to hang up my clothes (minus the clothes pin that went with ole spidey) Don't worry spider lovers. He landed safely in the pompus grass and probably plotting his revenge.

No comments: