Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Holiday


Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! We decided to spend ours at the hospital. Everyone is fine. Aiden has a tough cold and we were worried about him and the doctor gave him a shot and told us to keep doing what we are doing. I think we mainly went for our own sanity more than anything. We had a tough night with him and everytime Rick finally went to sleep and it was my turn for "Aiden patrol", I would wake Rick up and told him I wanted to take Aiden to the hospital. Rick says, "Whatever you think." You know how many times I talked myself out of it? My mother told my to trust my heart. God gave me womens intuition for a reason. I just hate going to the hospital. I don't go real often. Anyone who was around me during my ruptured appendix time knows what I am talking about. I hate it when people look at me with a kind of pat my head attitude and send me on my way back home. We took Aaron to the e-room one time when he was about a month old. He cried for such a long time. He had just had his circumcision and was upset about that and who could blame him? Anyways, he cried alot longer than I thought he would. We took him to the hospital in the middle of the night and guess what! He was the e-room entertainment committee for the night. Laughing and loving life. Needless to say, Rick and I felt like total fools. All he did was get a tiny little gown on and the doctor looked at him for a total of five minutes and we were charge a huge bill. It just kills me.
Anyways, Aiden needed to go, I was right this time. The shot has helped him. He slept real good last night and today he is coughing up all the crap in his lungs. The kicker of it all is that he never acted sick. He has played hard all day and never ran a fever. This has been such and exciting voyage! I don't practically jump out of my skin everytime they take a tumble anymore but they sure keep my heart racing in different ways regularly.

No comments: