Monday, September 10, 2007

M.O.P.S.



Tonight was our first MOPS meeting for the fall. For those of you who don't know, MOPS stands for mothers of preschoolers. It is an international organization that helps to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.


About once a month we get together and have topic discussions, great food, general conversations that are over the age of three and some crafts. It is really nice to get out for an evening of fellowship and walk away with some encouragement. This year they are talking about Dwelling: Living from the Space you call home. I am really excited to see what all is going to take place this year. Tonight we talked about a home was kind of like a cocoon. It resembles the warmth, security and growth that happens in a family. You want to pass that on to your children. Even the people that might need a place to stay from time to time. Eventually your children will grow and be released like a butterfly would from a cocoon and carry with them the traditions and values you have taught to them.


Our craft tonight was to make our name tags and they are in the shape of butterflies! Thanks so much Amy for putting it together!! But did we have to use super glue? Okay, I will forgive you if you let me borrow your finger nail polish remover! Hehehe. Thanks to all fellow MOPS for a nice night of strength and encouragment you are passing on to us.


Okay, you know, my boys, my boys, my boys. They play so hard during the day and I guess where ever they land is where they are going to sleep. I try to make sure that they lay their tiny heads on their pillows and get tucked in snug as a bug in a rug. But, for some reason I guess a miniature tornado sneaks into their rooms and blows their little bodies into all sorts of nooks and crannies!! Aaron, I mean was he on his way down to tell me that Aiden was out of bed, then got stuck and thought, Hmmmm....I think this is mighty comfortable...ZZZZZZ. If my tail was where his was wedged in, they would have to pry me out and maybe, if I am lucky, I will walk in a week or so.
Aiden, why won't the boy stayed covered up!?!?!? I don't think he will ever need a security blanket cause apparently he does not believe in them! *giggle giggle*
This winter and every winter until he learns to cover up like I like, he will be dressed in head to toe blanket sleepers! The poor boy will never see his feet again!
Well, thanks again for reading my ramblings! Check back again later. Good night all and stay warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OKay.. you are a mom and I figured you could figure out the super glue. :)