Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy Day


Today was full of activities for the boys (and mommy too). First and most important, today is Aarons 4th birthday. I can't believe it. I remember Misty and I sleeping in the hospital room the night he was born and listening to every little breath he took. That I remember like it was yesterday. Some things I remember clearly and others seem like a blur. That is why I do this. To help me remember! :)



We left early this morning to meet our Parents as Teachers group at the local dairy. It was pretty exciting for the boys. Aiden I believe was fifty pounds heavier today as I lugged him around (why didn't I bring the stroller!?!?) and kept fighting to keep him in my arms as he tried his best to escape. He wanted to RUN and mom was really being an annoyance. My arms ache tonight. Tomorrow I think I am going to try out for American Gladiator cause I think I can kick their butts! Hehehe Anyways, on to my story...the boys were able to see how the machine milks the cows and stuck their thumbs in the milking machine to see what it felt like to the cow. Aiden got a kick out of that and them he kicked when his turn was over. He wasn't finished. Next we went to see the calves. The boys were able to give them a bottle and brush them. The calves were all under a month old. It was really neat. The bottle for the calves was about as big as the boys were. After that they got to go milk ole Bessie. Aaron did a real good job. Aiden wouldn't even touch. Hehehe Finally I found something to slow him down. The last thing was to go and taste test some milk. They had chocolate and root beer flavor. I was really surprised how yummy the root beer milk was. Tasted like a root beer float. Yum yum.

After that we went to the school were Gram works and had lunch and then we went to the park. Run, run, run, play, play, play...this was getting to the end of their rope. The boys were running on fumes.

The last thing we did was go geocaching. That was for mommy. That is another hobby of mine that I do when I have the gas and energy to corral the kiddos. I will tell you more about it tomorrow. For now I am taking this aching body to bed. Good night and happy birthday Aaron baby!

No comments: